"All men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed" The Declaration of Independence

Become a Fan on Facebook!

Become a FAN on FACEBOOK! Click "LIKE" on our Fan Page! www.facebook.com/JFW2012
Follow Justin's Tweets- http://twitter.com/#!/jfwstaterep2012

BIO

My photo
Shawnee, Ok, United States
Christian, Husband, Father, State Representative for Oklahoma's House of Representatives HD 26

Sunday, September 4, 2011

The HELP

In one word, pain would describe the past week.  I had my thumbnail removed from my right hand.  One would think, and foolishly I did, that it would be a simple procedure with little consequence and short recovery time. Oh boy was I wrong.  Apparently the thumb is extremely important in every day life. Tying shoes, opening a car door, shifting to drive in the car are all incredibly difficult without the use of the right thumb. A week and several band aids later I am still without use of my right thumb.  Chicken pecking is not the ideal way to complete homework assignments or update your campaign supporters through this blog.  Thus I found myself procrastinating this week.

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary this evening by viewing THE HELP at the local movie theater. It is set in the civil rights fight era, following a young writer and her relationship with the HELP.  It follows the struggles of African American women working as maids in a Mississippi town. The writer decides she will write about the Help's experiences, and in the end learns about herself.
I am an emotional sap, my wife and mother can and probably will attest to that, but I have not seen a movie so emotionally moving in quite some time.  It is a movie that is fit for anyone - the language and maturity of the film may not be suited for the young'ns, but racial struggle and civil rights/equality is still a fight today and is something that was addressed in my household and I am a better man and father today because of it.

I am very thankful for those of you that take the time to read this and care about the campaign that we are running.  Without you this would be an impossible feat.

Don't forget that I will be at the Pott County Fair this weekend Friday-Saturday @ the Pott County Republican Booth! Come Support!!

Enjoy your Labor Day Holiday!

God Bless,
Justin Wood



No comments:

Post a Comment