"All men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed" The Declaration of Independence

Become a Fan on Facebook!

Become a FAN on FACEBOOK! Click "LIKE" on our Fan Page! www.facebook.com/JFW2012
Follow Justin's Tweets- http://twitter.com/#!/jfwstaterep2012

BIO

My photo
Shawnee, Ok, United States
Christian, Husband, Father, State Representative for Oklahoma's House of Representatives HD 26

Monday, September 12, 2011

September 11th, 2001- 2011 - Thoughts & Emotions



       I wanted to let the day sink in, before I commented publicly on my thoughts and emotions surrounding the 10th anniversary of those horrendous attacks on our nation. I mentioned yesterday on FaceBook that I can remember the exact moment when the news first hit my ears.
- I was sitting in my Horizons class with several of my friends when my teacher put a classmate in charge of class and abruptly left the room. She left the door wide open and returned shortly with our Superintendent, Mr. Scott.   His words left a strange feeling in the room.  I remember the day being somber, the bus ride home was full of chatter, littered with rumors and fear.  I sat in front of the TV for hours.  My country was under attack. My people were murdered.-  I remember thinking… “I will never forget.”
      Fast forward 10 years and I am running for State Representative for my hometown. I am asking for the honor of representing my city and my people in Oklahoma’s Legislative House.  My generation witnessed the Oklahoma City Bombing in 1995 and the Attacks on September 11th, 2001.  We are shaped by our experiences.  I am so very thankful for my American brothers and sisters who decided to serve this country because of a love for the red, white, and blue flag that continues to wave.  I look back on the attack on our country with a matured mindset.  I see the decisions made by our country’s leaders with a whole new perspective.  I have yet to forget how precious life is and how quickly it can be taken away.  I believe in preserving our Constitution and the protection of this nation’s people.  Life is number one at all times. 

      Watching the Anniversary specials brought back the feelings I felt in that classroom 10 years ago.  I cried at times and hurt the entire time for those most closely touched by the horrific event.  I pray for those left behind, that they receive the grace and peace that only Christ can provide. 
God Bless,
Justin Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment